|The great outdoors just outside your door the Warren view of the northern
1. RV camping at the Onoville Marina on Kinzua Lake just across the
border in New York state. There are more than two dozen RV sites in
More information on area camping.
2. Docksiders Cafe on Kinzua Lake is located at the Kinzua Marina on
Route 59 about two miles past Kinzua Dam and across the street from
3. Hiking at the Rimrock Trail with drive-in access about 3 miles east
of Kinzua Beach on Route 59 features spectacular views of the
Allegheny Plateau. The park like setting features bathrooms, picnic
tables and easy trails.
4. Calm waters make the Allegheny River below Kinzua Dam one of
the best canoeing venues in the country. It has been the site of three
recent national canoe races and several livery and rental services
make it easy to take a trip of varying lengths along the National Scenic
and Wild waterway and Wilderness Islands.
5. The Tionesta Lighthouse on the Allegheny River marks the spot of
the nation's first Hunting and Fishing Museum, now under
construction. It is located in downtown Tionesta about 25 miles west
of Warren on Route 62. The drive features spectacular views of the
Allegheny's open waters. Photo Copyright 2006 by Ray Bayer.
1. Tidioute, Pennsylvania is a small town which
sponsors the Pennsylvania Championship
Fishing Tournament every year at the end of
September. It is about 20 miles west of Warren
on Route 62. The area holds the record for the
state's largest Northern Pike and Walleye.
2. Kinzua Dam at the Big Bend Visitors Center, 6
miles east of Warren on Route 59. The view of
the surrounding hills is just as good and this is
one of the area's favorite fishing sites.
3. All Terrain Vehicle racing at the Warren County
Fair. This is a thrilling event with free admission.
The fair is usually held the second full week of
August and is located in Pittsfield, about 10 miles
west of Warren.
4. Boating at the Onoville Marina just across the
New York border. Take Scandia Road forever to
|You can see a full size image of any photo by
clicking on it.
|To turn the
just click on